Many people tell us that foster care is something that they may have thought about for awhile. Maybe you know someone who was a foster parent or foster child? Maybe you saw something on TV or an ad in the newspaper? Maybe you saw a post on the internet? Whatever the reason, we’re glad you’re seeking more information about it!
Jonathan’s Path is proud to partner with Harmony Family Center and the Department of Children Services to help recruit new DCS foster homes.
If you are ready to take the next step, click on the Inquiry Form button, complete the form and someone from Harmony Family Center will contact you.
What are the minimum requirements?
DCS carefully assesses all applicants and the department also provides the opportunity for prospective Foster Parents to work with a case manager to assess themselves before they accept the role of Foster Parent.
What are the qualifications?
1. Do you have room in your home and in your daily life?
2. Are you ready to learn and use proven behavioral management skills?
3. Can you give without the expectation of immediate returns?
4. Can you support birth families and help a child return home?
5. Can you love and care for children who have experienced trauma?
Your questions answered!
Watch Talia from Harmony Family Center and Jonathan’s Path Co-Founder, Carrie DuRard talk about some of the most common questions & myths asked.
Real talk, real answers.